are we a match
How do you know if Hollywood Schoolhouse is right for your family?
Choosing a school that is the right fit for your family is a deeply personal process that engages parents and guardians at the level of their core values. We realize that one size does not fit all.
We have drafted a series of statements that reflect the Hollywood Schoolhouse experience. Try reading them out loud. How do you feel? Good? If yes, consider giving Admissions a call. And stop by for a visit.
• I want my child to experience lived diversity—to share the school with families of differing socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientations, cultural, and parenting styles.
• I want my child to be respected for who they are, to have the opportunity to make mistakes from which to learn and grow.
• I want my child to be challenged academically and stimulated creatively.
• I care about the educational process through which my child goes as much as I care about the knowledge gained.
• I believe all children are gifted, unique individuals who possess many talents.
• I want my child to live responsibly and be civic-minded.
• I want my children to follow their dreams and stand up for themselves.
• I want my family to be part of a close-knit, supportive community within a school that is connected to its local community.
• I want my children to be motivated to reach beyond basic requirements and take on additional challenges.
• I support my child in saying the Monday Morning Pledge…
All students recite this pledge each week at our Monday Morning Meetings:
Our job here in school is to learn. Hopefully, we will become lifelong learners. In that process, we will try to care very much for each other.
This day has been given to me fresh and clear, I can either use it or throw it away. I promise myself that I shall use this day to its fullest, realizing it can never come back again. I realize that this is my life to use or to throw away. I am the only person who has the power to decide what I will be.
I make myself what I am. I pledge allegiance to the world, to cherish every living thing: to care for earth and sea and air, with peace and freedom everywhere!